Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Video of the Day!! Telling My Dad That I Am Gay - Live

I commend him for his courage.  I am sure we all remember the anxiety and dread that most of us felt when we uttered those 2 words "I'm Gay"  to our friends and family.  I will always remember that my father had the almost exact same reaction as this young soldier's did.  I was fighting with my mother over the issue.  She didn't believe that I was gay and refused to accept it.  My father stepped in and said "You're my son and I do not care, who, what or where you are, you are my son and I will always love you.  Now yell at your mom some more."

I am sure that this soldier feels like a million pounds have been taken off his shoulders and I hope that the rest of the process is just as smooth for him.  Congratulations and much love for all that you have done through your videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...