Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Show Is Changing America's Views On Gay Marriage

Jesse Tyler Ferguson, co-star of the ABC hit show, Modern Family told the Winnipeg Free Press that the show is changing many conservatives views of gay marriage.
"It's shocking isn't it [that gay characters are being embraced]?  But also very encouraging.  I was prepared for these characters to have a bit of a backlash and it's sort of been the exact opposite.  Conservatives come up to us saying, 'You've changed my mind about gay marriage,' or, 'I relate to Cameron and Mitchell and find them very enjoyable and now I'm looking at Bob and Joe down the street and wondering how they're different.'  We have gay couples coming up to us, obviously, and saying, 'Thank you so much for being on TV,' or, 'My daughter has someone to point to and say, ' That family is just like mine."
This is one of my favorite TV shows and I was absolutely ecstatic to see a very well represented gay couple on television.  One that I as well as many others can relate to.

2 comments:

  1. Carlos and I have a debate, each week as we watch the show, over which one of us is Cam and which of us is Mitchell.
    We're both a little of each, i guess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...